Degrees and posdegrees Integration
- Collaborative infrastructures are shared with you by other member of BIM CAMPUS network.
- Multiplataform BIM servers (AECOsim, ALLplan, ArchiCAD, ReVit) are implemented not on University Campus are the workground of future professionals, and in fact, needs semantic data information to its own FM.
- Shared are not limited, perhaps BIM CAMPUS your university implementation phase 3 are a very valuable asset of your initiative.
- Now, your University has the resources to share with other universities, institutions or private sector.
The most important phase of BIM CAMPUS, the objective of implementation: involve teachers that are also researchers.
This phase is supported and expected by critical mass of students and other members of University. The pressure from inside and outside university can promote two kinds of pro-implementation attitudes:
A.- Passive adoption. Teachers recognize the importance to support the introduction of BIM as future AEC environments. May be teachers are not those who have BIM digital competences, but request information and are not contrary to the BIM adoption.
B.- Active adoption. Teachers promotes BIM are now part of the BIM CAMPUS team, at least as followers, in the social network meaning. This active role means engagement, even if teacher has NO BIM competences at all.
This two positive attitudes PROVOCAN the next action, in presence of students, institution and market pressure, in a classification that depends on two factors: BIM aptitudes and pro-activity. The Phase 4 timeline is defined by three stages of disciplines adoption:
- I-INVITATION: Teachers invite BIM CAMPUS to integrate BIM E&T Education and Training, as part of discipline program
- ET-EDUCATION TOOL: Teachers integrate BIM as collaborative tool in teaching method
- T- TEACHING: Teachers assume teach BIM as own task.
When T-Teaching is ALCANZADO, BIM CAMPUS YOUR-UNIV is able to integrate national committees to integrate BIM digital competences at all levels of higher education building degrees.
The rhythm of adoption is based on the sequence I-ET-T, and categorize disciplines, because collaborative design is a transversal technology. This categories help building degrees members of University to share own experience to a National level, to face the building degrees reform to introduce BIM based ICTs. It can be assumed as the integration status, the phase 4 assessment.
BIM CAMPUS network will be a promoter of national committees, from the bottom-up. Determine the right disciplines to introduce BIM profiles competences is the product of this phase, and the contribution of BIM CAMPUS net is very important for future develop of High Education BIM compliance certified degrees.
I- INVITATION to BIM CAMPUS to integrate BIM levels
- Two important consequences:
- Implementation as a collaborative tool in teaching
- Integration in the collaborative design program design, managed by the Foundation and led by center’s direction?
This phase can be parallel or subsequent to the implementation of level B, collaboration of the model BIM ArchiCAD training seminars. In particular, BIM ArchiCAD B1 - collaborative work, which enables to enter the program. At this time, the YOUR.UNIV complies with this requirement.
One of the biggest threats of the BIM, and by extension, of the program of collaborative design, is the lack of technological culture in the construction sector. Teachers do not cease to be professionals, and the fact that University’s external agents are not recognized as technology net contributors, is a clear demonstration that there is a problem.
- That’s why implementation’s pre-requisites are precise of the collaborative design:
- Commitment of the teachers in attendance at BIM courses
- Agreement of the University to encourage collaborative culture
- Resources to support research in collaborative design
- Two types of actions:
- A Teacher’s BIM training
- B Teaching support
A.-BIM seminars for teachers
Teacher’s seminars are part of the BIM CAMPUS PHASE 2.
Teachers, as professionals and researchers, should know perfectly that there are digital architectural models and platforms of collaborative design.
- Three types of actions are accurate:
- BIM seminars at all levels
- Seminars and accreditation as BIM trainers
- BIM post degree titles selected teachers
To date, the ArchiCAD BIM courses for teachers and researchers will complete 6 courses between June and December of 2012. They will repeat throughout the 2013 to 2015, for a total of 18 courses in the three-year period 2012-2015.
B the teaching support
The collaborative design standard certifies specific competencies for each level of training. In the case of teaching,
Grades can integrate a certifiable formation, called BIM SPECIALIST®, through the training itinerary of the formation of the degree.
- It is divided into three types of actions:
- Seminars and Masters of collaborative design
- Assignment of training materials certified in collaborative design
- Advice and specific training content created by University accreditation
Benefits of the integration of collaborative design in studies from the Universidade de A Coruña
Benefits for universities
- Improving the quality of the skills of architects and engineers
- Issuing the title UNIVERSITY BIM with the official accreditation of the brand
- Satisfaction of the demand for technological skills of the students
- Factor of attraction for prospective students
- Collaborative environment as a resource for teaching and research
- Part of the BIM CAMPUS network and presence in the map of accredited members
Benefits for the school
- Collaborative design program incorporates a platform integration, enabling practice Professional with an existing structure, the most optimal to achieve the professional profiles established in the white books of architecture, building engineering studies.
- Collaborative design allows to establish relationships directly with public and private entities, under the control of the Centre, through the responsible teachers
- Collaborative design allows a secured and efficient management practices during the formative period
- The Center improves its competitiveness having most advanced methodologies and technologies
Benefits for teachers
- The teacher has the opportunity to join, both in knowledge and skills, the changes that digital technologies in practice in their specialties and professional.
- Teachers are incorporated into an integrative, systemic vision, role played by digital technologies as a transversal concept.
- Teachers as specialists in your area, can and should reflect on the changes occurring, investigate and generate knowledge about sustainable urban development
- Interested teachers are those whose specialties, such as projects, costs, integrated project management
Benefits for researchers
- Creation of new research groups that can integrate multidimensional roles
- Specialized upgraded to BIM Researchers to integrate innovative R&D projects
- Researchers and research groups that submit their research plans
- Support to interdisciplinary design collaborative ICT-based projects
- Having pictures of experts who provide skills in ICT
- Integrate resources and national and international researchers
- Use the information of the collaborative environment as a resource for research
Benefits for students
- Help as a relevant factor when choosing a prestigious and innovative Centre where to pursue their higher education
- Students of the school may use any resources or external resources
- Students of the school can be part of organizations that operate in the market